Testimonial pages at: https://www.juststartwithkelly.com/monat/testimonial-pages/
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE! (I may make a small commission with your purchase. Thank you for helping me keep this information free!)
HOW TO USE MONAT PRODUCTS Ⓜ️🌀
To maximize your Monat experience, be sure to use it properly. First, take a “before” picture and send it to me so we can compare your hair immediately and down the road. I would love to see your results!!
General usage information:
Monat is VERY concentrated. It contains 40% reverse osmosis filtered water, while the products you are used to using contain 80% tap water. Therefore, it is very concentrated and you will need to use a LOT less than other products. So, you’ll want to use a pea, nickel, or quarter size amount of the product, based on the length of your hair. (I find that I need a quarter-size amount with my first wash (for long hair) and nickel-size amount with my second wash.)
How to use Monat shampoo properly:
- Rinse hair very well with warm water.
- With Monat shampoo, you will lather, rest, rinse, repeat. What that means is, you will do two washes to complete the action:
- Work the pea/nickel/quarter-sized dallop into a lather into your hands with water. You should get some suds in your hands.
- Work the product well into the hair, from scalp to ends. NOTE: You may not get suds on your first wash because Monat doesn’t contain sulfates. This is totally normal and is okay, the product is still working. The first wash is all about loosening up any buildup & dirt. The 2nd wash is about actually cleaning, moisturizing, & healing your hair & scalp.
- Let sit in your hair 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse very well with warm water. (Rinsing well is crucial. If you find your hair feeling “waxy”, on your next wash, make sure all products are rinsed out very well.)
Second wash: Complete directions as above (work into lather in hands, work into hair and scalp, rest 1-2 mins, rinse). You will probably get much better suds this wash.
Directions for the Replenish Masque (if included)
* This product is loaded with proteins, so use it only every 4-5 washes. Most people love the moisture it provides their hair, but should your hair becomes dry using it, discontinue use. Use after shampooing, before conditioning.
* Apply generously to wet hair and let sit 5-10 minutes. Mix with a few drops of REJUVENIQUE oil for optimal conditioning. Always rinse very well.
* Blow dry your hair after using the masque and conditioner for the silkiest, softest hair you’ve ever experienced. You won’t be able to keep your hands out of it!
Directions for the Revitalize Conditioner (wash out conditioner)
* Use a dime or nickel-sized drop depending on hair length. If you have shoulder length or fine hair, use a dime size drop. Longer or thicker, use a quarter.
* Remember this conditioner is like no other. It will NOT weigh your hair down.
* Massage into scalp & all throughout the rest of the hair through the ends.
* Rinse well. Style using only MONAT Styling products for best results.
Directions for the Restore Leave-In Conditioner (leave-in conditioner, can also be used as a wash-out conditioner if preferred)
* Wring out and towel dry your hair.
* Apply 2-3 pumps of leave-in conditioner to your hands, and then apply to your hair from mid-shaft (approximately at the ears) down, concentrating on the ends.
Note: if your hair tends to be frizzy, mix in a few drops of Rejuveniqe Oil with conditioner before applying for extra sleekness and control.
Rejuveniqe Oil & the Overnight Oil Treatment
Poke one hole in the packet with a pin, as you will likely not need the whole packet for one use. ***A little goes a LONG way***
For Overnight Oil treatment (which helps to balance scalp oils, nourish the scalp, and control oilyness.)
* Poke one hole in the packet with a pin
- Get a few drops on your fingertips and massage into scalp thoroughly, use as much oil as necessary, but remember that a few drops goes a long way. (You can also do this in hair to control hair oilyness.)
- Leave on for several hours or overnight, if you can. (I suggest putting a towel over your pillow. Mine didn’t get greasy at all, but your hair will be more oily than usual. You won’t want to go out in public like this 😉)
- Rinse hair very well with warm water and follow wash directions as above.
Other uses for Rejuveniqe Oil (Find 101 Uses for Rejuvenique Oil here)
* Add a drop to your conditioner for extra conditioning and shine.
* Rub a drop on your fingertips and apply to the ends of your hair before drying.
* Rub a few drops between your palms until warm them lightly run hands over your dry hair to add shine and control fly-aways.
* Apply 2-3 drops to your scalp 15 minutes before showering to increase hair growth and help restore balance to your scalp oils. ALWAYS rinse very very well before washing.
Use as directed on the bottle. Some will need to be shaken, as they are loaded with essential oils & Capixyl, which settle when allowed to sit. I find that one very small shake is good for the Mousse but too much overdoes it and no shake underdoes it. Some users report their Hairspray nozzle having difficulties after shaking, so you may not want to shake it. If it does get clogged, try rinsing it in warm/hot water, and using a pin to unclog if needed. If that still doesn’t work, contact me and I will call Customer Service for you.
If you have any issues with any product, please don’t hesitate to call me. Sometimes, your hair may go through a transition phase to non-toxic products where it sloughs off silicones, waxes, etc, and sometimes we are able to help it along and sometimes, it just takes an adjustment period. We can consult about it.
Intense Repair Spray
Use as directed on bottle. 1-2 times per day, spray it on your thin spots and rub it in to those areas as best as you can. If you like, you can work up to 2 sprays per day. Note: you should probably be washing your hair at least 2 times per week at minimum, in order to enjoy the maximum hair growth benefit from the shampoo, conditioner, oil, and spray.